What is Social Media Marketing?
Any attorney needs to develop a social media marketing plan to market their services to new clients and changing demographics. A social media marketing plan should consist of Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and this article will cover specific social media marketing services provided by each networking website.
What is Social Media Marketing: Facebook
If you’re an older attorney, you may be asking yourself the following question: “What is social media marketing?” The answer is simple. A social media marketing plan allows you to use social networking sites to draw in more clients and notify them of your services. A social media marketing strategy offers an alternative to traditional advertising and traditional forms of networking.
Unlike traditional advertising, social media marketing services like Facebook allow a user to connect to prospective clients on a more personal level. If you’re incorporating Facebook into your social media marketing plan, there are several steps you should take:
1. Hire a social relations expert to handle your firms social media marketing services to save you time and make sure your social media marketing strategy is legal, updated, and informational.
2. Create a Business Page on the Facebook account for your firm. You or the social relations employee will have to upload your firm’s logo, complete a profile description, add photos, use a feature called Focused, and more.
3. Create a Vanity URL once you have met the necessary requirements
If you have not hired an outside party to handle your social media marketing plan, you’ll want to regard the following tips while using social media marketing services:
What is Social Media Marketing: Managing your Account
· complete the entire profile for the best social media marketing strategy
· read and regard all terms of service while using social media marketing services
· install and update all appropriate feeds from your blog and other social media marketing services
· keep all personal information private by controlling the settings
· create friends lists for work and family, as well as limited profiles for the best social media marketing plan
· post only professional and business photos
What is Social Media Marketing: Connecting and Sharing
· add your Facebook URL to all business cards, websites, etc
· post all business updates for the best social media marketing strategy
· post all useful links on your wall
· integrate all your other social media marketing services for the best social media marketing plan
· check locations for contacts if traveling so you can meet with the client or attorney
· search for contacts using your email contacts for the best social media marketing strategy
· invite professionals to write as a guest blogger or be a speaker at an event
· share research and valuable information to make your social media marketing plan seem as professional as possible
· suggest friends to clients and partners
· consider buying Facebook Ads for the best social media marketing strategy
What is Social Media Marketing: Group Pages
· unless your practice is well known already, establish a group page
· include basic information with links to your website, newsletter, and more
· post upcoming events including conferences, webinars and more
· update the page frequently and answer any questions posted on the social media marketing services
· join as many groups as possible that are related to your practice for the best social media marketing strategy
What is Social Media Marketing: Twitter
Twitter is a growing tool for attorneys using social media marketing services. The social networking website can allow an attorney and potential clients stay updated. It can also help an attorney with brand reputation, trends, and more.
Twitter is a valuable social media marketing strategy because an attorney can follow and provide input on target keywords like “family law,” “bankruptcy law,” and much more. You can perform targeted searches for certain phrases, and programs such as Tweet Deck and Tweetmeme can add to your social marketing plan.
What is social media marketing: Setting up your Twitter Account
The biggest challenge to setting up your Twitter account and account for other social media marketing services is the fact that you have a limited amount of characters for your username (15 on Twitter). If your firm has a large name or there are multiple partners in the firm, you may have to be creative with your username while still forming a username people can identify to form the best social media marketing plan. Once you’ve set up your account, the social media marketing services are quite simple on Twitter.
What is a Social Media Marketing: LinkedIn
LinkedIn is perhaps the most important part of your social media marketing strategy. LinkedIn is often considered the most professional service out of all the social media marketing services, and a larger percentage of firms have a LinkedIn account compared to any other form of social media.
LinkedIn is imperative to any social media marketing plan because coworkers and colleagues can write recommendations for your firm, you can join groups in related fields, and you can post all of the information on your resume. If you set up your resume correctly, you can upload your entire resume and all fields right to the website.
What is Social Media Marketing: Setting up your Account on LinkedIn
Setting up your LinkedIn account is quite easy. Once you sign up, you’ll have to upload your information and photos, and then you can begin to search for professional connections.
The best social media marketing plan will incorporate all three social networking websites. The best social media marketing strategy will be able to connect to both the public and professional acquaintances while providing valuable information to both groups.