Determining the Perfect Web Analytics Solution for your Website
Deciding What Web Site Analytics Service to Use for your Firm
There are usually four things to consider before reaching your web analytics solution: your needs, the complexity of the web site analytics software, the support provided by the company, and the overall reputation of the services.
Because most legal websites are content driven and lead-generating, your objectives from web site analytics might include the following:
· increasing readers and interest by measuring the time spent on the site, the number of page views, the number of subscribers, and the number of cancellations
· increasing readers and interest by measuring downloads, rejections on contact pages, and your leads-to-close ratio
Determining your Needs from the Web Site Analytics Software
When determining the best web analytics solution for your website, you’ll want to make the following considerations:
1. Do you need a software package or an Application Service Provider?
If you’re considering a software package for your web site analytics, you’ll want to consider the amount of information you need to assess, the cost of the software, and the ability of your firm to handle the technical part of the software.
If you’re considering an application service provider (ASP) for your web analytics solution, you’ll want to consider factors such as how many sites can be tagged, whether or not the cookies are from a third party, and whether or not you’ll have problems loading certain pages.
2. What kind of reports do you need for you web analytics solution?
Firstly, you’ll have to decide how often you need updated reports and if you need real-time reports. You’ll also want to decide the complexity of the reports offered by the web site analytics software. For example, can you start off with simple reports and progress to more complex reports as your website grows?
3. What is your current budget?
You’ll need to decide how much you can spend per month for the web site analytics software. If you’re hiring outside help, you’ll need to determine what services you can afford on top of paying for the outside help. Additionally, the best web analytics solution involves determining your needs in the future and the related costs if you choose to improve the web site analytics software.
Determining the Capabilities of the Web Site Analytics Software
The best web analytics solution will take the following considerations into mind:
1. What general workload can the software handle?
You’ll have to decide if the software can handle increasing amounts of data at certain amount of time. Can you customize the results you obtain from the web site analytics software? Additionally, does the software offer customer relationship management (CRM)? You’ll need software that can help you understand client interaction with your website apart from simply measuring page views and related tools.
2. Further Considerations about Reports for your Web Analytics Solution
Again, you need to consider how fast you can receive reports. Does the software offer reports for different timeframes if needed? Additionally, do you have attorneys in your firm speaking several different languages? If so, you’ll have to decide if the web site analytics software allows you see reports in numerous languages.
3. How does the interface work?
Don’t rely simply on the look of the interface while determining the best web analytics solution. Sometimes the best looking interfaces only offer limited services, and sometimes it’s the other way around. Decide you needs from the software and how user-friendly the software is for you and other members in the firm.
Determining the Amount of Support Offered by the Web Site Analytics Software
It’s likely that you’re going to experience trouble in handling the web site analytics software during the beginning and while you start using new features. Part of your web analytics solution should consist of investigating the technical support offered by the service. Consider the following factors:
· Does the web site analytics software have documents or educational tools for training online or offline?
· Does the software have information posted about technical support on their website?
· Is technical support offered 24 hours a day or not?
· Does the software offer support forums for certain issues like installation and maintenance?
· Are there instructions for installing the web site analytics software on the company’s main website?
Determining the Overall Reputation for your Web Analytics Solution
Apart from investigating the technical support offered by the software, you should also consider other factors to get an understanding of the company’s reputation while deciding on your web analytics solution. A company’s reputation can be understood by considering the following factors:
· How long has the web site analytics software been available to the public?
· Are the services offered for free or do you have to pay a fee every month?
· If the services are provided with a fee, does the service offer a trial period?
· How often are new versions of the software offered to the public?
· Is the web site analytics software the main service provided by the company?
· Are there positive customer reviews on the website and throughout the internet?
· Does it seem like the company is committed to research?
· Does the company offer a blog?
· Does the company offer services that can add dynamics to the software?
Conclusion for your Web Analytics Solution
Every law firm is different, and the points within this article are only recommendations for your web analytics solution. Although most firms access only one type of analytical software, you may decide you use several different resources to measure your results across different mediums.
For example, there is software out there that simply analyzes social media performance, and many of these services provide tools that normal software cannot provide. By deciding your needs, the complexity of the web site analytics software, the support provided by the company, and the overall reputation of the services, you’ll be on your way to the best web analytics solution.