Everything About Search Engine Marketing For Lawyers
When you begin using search engine marketing tools to improve your web marketing strategies, you'll see an increase in clicks and conversions on your law firm website. This guide will help you learn more about search engine marketing for lawyers, whether you're just getting started or have been dissatisfied with your previous SEM strategies. You'll learn about common mistakes that lawyers make when using search engine marketing tools and techniques, and about how to get the most out of your search engine marketing strategies.
Search Engine Marketing for Lawyers: Common Mistakes
Because search engine marketing for lawyers is relatively new, it's easy to fall prey to common misconceptions that can drain your advertising budget without bringing in the new clients you need. Here are a few of the basic mistakes that lawyers make when they're trying to use search engine marketing tools:
• Bad Website Content. If you're generating plenty of clicks but your search engine marketing for lawyers still isn't getting new clients, you may want to take a look at your website. Does it contain information that clients really care about, or just summaries of attorney education and experience?
• Bad Website Design. Even if you have terrific content, a website that looks dated or has missing links won't impress potential clients. When your search engine marketing tools show that you have low conversion rates, bad design is sometimes the culprit.
• Thinking in Generalities. Unless your firm is a behemoth with hundreds of lawyers and several locations, you can't be everything to everybody. Thinking too generally can lead to overpaying for keywords and failing to be specific enough in your use of search engine marketing tools.
• Putting Your Eggs in One Basket. If you focus on only one strategy for search engine marketing for lawyers, you could find yourself in a difficult position if that type of marketing goes through sudden changes. With websites changing regularly, you're better off using your search engine marketing tools to diversify the ways in which you market your niche to clients.
• Changing Too Often. While it's important to keep what works and ditch what doesn't, give new search engine marketing tools time to work before dismissing them as useless. Good search engine marketing for lawyers can take time to bring in clients as you build your content base.
Search Engine Marketing for Lawyers: Finding Your Niche
One of the best things that search engine marketing tools can do for you is help you find the niche that your firm attracts the most clients in. Understanding niche marketing can ensure that your dollars spend on search engine marketing for lawyers go as far as possible.
You can use your search engine marketing tools for reporting on what search terms have led to online inquiries and phone calls, then build landing pages around those search terms to bring in even more clients. Search engine marketing for lawyers can also be enhanced by buying pay per click ads pertaining to the specific niches that your firm does best.
Search Engine Marketing for Lawyers: Putting Your Best Foot Forward
When you start using search engine marketing tools, you should already have your website ready to go. A poorly designed website can steer clients away, but a well designed one can stop comparison shopping clients in their tracks and generate consultations every day. In order to have the best results with your search engine marketing for lawyers, make sure that you've thought about the brand identity of your law firm. It's not enough to just be competent—what makes your firm special, unique? What keeps your clients coming back?
Whatever your firm's best qualities are, make sure that they're represented in the content and design of your website. Once your firm's brand is consistently represented on your website and in all its content, you'll see more conversions when you look at reports from your search engine marketing tools. If you're not sure how to build a brand identity for your law firm, you may want to consult with advertising firms that can help you to construct your website's brand.
Search Engine Marketing for Lawyers: Keeping it Fresh
When it comes to marketing your website, content is king. You can use your search engine marketing tools to figure out what phrases are bringing clients to your website, and maximize the content on your site that pertains to those phrases. One way to keep new content appearing on your website all the time is by using a blog. A blog is one of the best search engine marketing tools you can use to make sure that your content reflects the newest search results bringing clients to your website.
When blog entries for your website are written—whether by an attorney at your law firm or an outside freelancer—you should make sure that they reflect the brand image that you are trying to create for your website. Consistent tone and branding will ensure that your website is seen as organic and professional, rather than as a glorified advertisement.
Search Engine Marketing for Lawyers: Branching Out
No website is an island, and making sure that your website is linked on as many other sites as possible and that your firm is mentioned on other websites can help to ensure that your organic search engine results are as high as possible. You may want to make sure that your website is linked in chamber of commerce directories or on other local websites to increase your visibility to clients from your hyperlocal area.
Search engine marketing tools can also help you improve your presence on social media websites, which drive an increasing amount of web traffic today. If you make your social media presence known to clients and have content that is likely to be shared, you will be increasing your number of page views without needing to spend additional dollars on advertising. Especially in areas where not many competing lawyers have yet established social media pages, his type of outreach can set you apart from your competition.