Valuable Tips on How to Use Twitter for Marketing
Twitter Marketing Guide
According to statistics released by eMarketer at the beginning of 2012, about 239 million people (75.6%) in the United States will qualify as active users on the internet. Learning how to market on Twitter is essential because about two-thirds of those 239 US citizens will use social networking in 2012.
How to Market on Twitter: Important Actions to Take
If you’re wondering how to use Twitter for marketing with the legal industry, you’ll want to take the following actions as much as possible:
· Keep track of how many people are tweeting about your content
· Share only the most important content you can offer
· Respond to every mention and every direct message
· Try to keep your tweets related to your field of law as much as possible
· Say thank you as much as possible
· Unfollow all users that fail to offer tweets or offer an offensive tweet
· Give credit to the person whose content you’re sharing
How to Market on Twitter: Things to Avoid
Some of the most important information in this Twitter marketing guide is listed within this section. While learning how to use Twitter for marketing, your firm should avoid the following actions at all costs:
· Don’t tweet negative comments about anyone, including other firms
· NEVER use profanity
· Avoid unrelated content or content that fails to engage the follower
· Don’t tweet about politics or religion
· Avoid sexual topics unless your firm specializes in protecting victims
· Avoid saying anything you would not say within your workplace or in front of your partners
How to Market on Twitter: Tips for Beginners
This section of the Twitter marketing guide discusses tips that are useful to beginners, but the tips are important for a firm throughout any stage.
1. How to Market on Twitter: Focus on the Followers, not the Money
This is one of the most important tips within this Twitter marketing guide for attorneys. Your interest needs to focus on helping a follower instead of just trying to make money off of them. Learning how to use Twitter for marketing will undoubtedly result in more prospective clients, but money shouldn’t be the key factor.
2. How to Market on Twitter: Establish a Lasting Relationship
This tip is also another important factor in this Twitter marketing guide, as well as a key factor in all of business. You try and maintain a relationship with past clients don’t you? The same applies to your “clients” on Twitter. Followers need to be able to trust you, and they need to know you know your field inside and out before they’re going to ask you for help.
While learning how to use Twitter for marketing, you’ll want to make sure you have a reasonable amount of both professional followers and followers in the general public. If the public notices you’re connected with other professionals, they’ll notice your credibility.
3. How to Market on Twitter: Offer Services at the Right Time
One of the biggest factors on how to use Twitter for marketing involves offering your services not only at the right time, but at the right place. Don’t hassle potential clients with an abundance of tweets, and don’t overload them with direct messages either. These actions even border on malpractice within Rules of Professional Conduct.
Instead, offer incentives such as free consultations to encourage clients to use your service when they’re good and ready.
4. How to Market on Twitter: Only Repeat Information Some of the Time
This is also another important within this Twitter marketing guide. If you’re trying to advertise your services, one of the biggest mistakes you can do is repeat the same messages over and over. This action can even get your account suspended if you’re not careful.
If you do need to repeat material, you’ll need to learn how to use Twitter for marketing at peak hours. Some of your clients will view more tweets in the morning, some more at lunch, and some more in the evening. Repeat necessary information carefully and only at the right time.
How to Market on Twitter: Tips for all Users
This section of the Twitter marketing guide is particularly important to every professional user. Learning how to use Twitter for marketing in the following ways is proven to increase the reach of your services:
1. How to Market on Twitter: Find out about Local Events
You should find public events your followers are attending and try to attend those events yourself. Making your presence known off the web is equally important and can even lead to more awareness in your social media.
2. How to Market on Twitter: Compare your Profile with Other Professionals
The best way to learn how to use Twitter for marketing is comparing your campaign to other legal campaigns. What techniques and services are they using that you have not embraced? What techniques are they using outside of this Twitter marketing guide? How can you offer better services within your marketing?
3. How to Market on Twitter: Keep Updated on News and Changes within your Field
This is one of the most important tips within this Twitter marketing guide. If you can prove you are fluent on changes in your field and updated on related news, your followers will rely on your tweets in the future.
4. How to Market on Twitter: Monitor your Results and Connect to Other Social Media
Once you know how to use Twitter for marketing, you’ll want to connect Twitter to other forms of social media as well like Facebook and LinkedIn. Monitor how many followers you’re gaining from social media and outside sources as well. Monitor how all users are accessing your tweets.
Conclusion: Twitter Marketing Guide
All of the tips within this Twitter marketing guide can increase the effectiveness of your campaign. Research other tips and tools to further your knowledge on how to use Twitter for marketing.