Important Considerations for a Twitter Advertisement
How to Advertise on Twitter
According to SBW Advertising, the revenue that Twitter makes off of advertising is expected to equal $540 million by 2014.
Strategies will likely adjust on how to advertise on Twitter because of increased usage on mobile phones because, for example, the number of people signing up for Twitter all but tripled after the iOS 5 was released.
General Twitter Advertising Costs
There has been a large amount of discussion over Twitter advertising costs after an email from Twitter to a prospective advertiser was leaked in December of 2011. Some of the general Twitter advertising costs found within the email are listed below:
· Cost per Follower (CPF)= $2.50 to $4
· Cost per Engagement (CPE)= $0.75 to $2.50
There was additional information leaked about Twitter advertising costs as well. According to the email sent by Twitter, an approved advertiser, including law firms, must commit to a three-month campaign, and the Twitter advertising costs for such a campaign can range from $15,000 to $25,000. Twitter advertisement is mainly geared toward small businesses firms, and the current costs are still reasonable for a small firm looking to expand.
Twitter Advertising Costs for Mobile Advertising
Many small firms have begun to learn how to advertise on Twitter and the mobile device platform because over half of all active users are accessing Twitter through their phone. The Twitter advertising costs are typically much less and present the following advantages as well:
· payment is only required when a user engages
· cost per engagement is cheaper than cost per follower
· the price is determined by a minimum bid auction
How to Advertise on Twitter: The Three Main Platforms
While deciding how to advertise on Twitter, your firm has three options. You can choose a Twitter advertisement that appears as a promoted tweet, a promoted trend, or a promoted account. Each type of Twitter advertisement has its own advantages, and the Twitter advertising costs will range for each. Each type of Twitter advertisement is described below:
1. How to Advertise on Twitter: Promoted Tweets
A promoted tweet is a great way to make sure the tweet is seen by a large amount of users and prospective clients on Twitter. Creating this kind of Twitter advertisement is quite easy too. All you have to do is send a tweet and promote it. However, promoted tweets can appear elsewhere.
This kind of Twitter advertisement can appear when a user searches for a keyword on which your firm placed a bid. The Twitter advertising costs for this type of ad are determined by amounts for cost per engagement.
According to Twitter, engagement qualifies as a retweet, a reply, a click or adding the promoted tweet to favorites. Learning how to advertise on Twitter in this way can save your firm money because additional engagements are free.
2. How to Advertise on Twitter: Promoted Trends
This type of Twitter advertisement lets a firm center their efforts around a theme or a hashtag. Many firms prefer to learn how to advertise on Twitter with a promoted trend because it automatically appears at the top of the trending conversation.
The main advantage of using this type of Twitter advertisement is the fact that firm can receive a huge amount of attention on popular topics. The Twitter advertising costs for a promoted trend will range and may add up in a more popular topic.
3. How to Advertise on Twitter: Promoted Accounts
This type of Twitter advertisement is the easiest to understand the hardest to obtain. First of all, your account and firm needs to be popular and you need a solid base of constant followers. This type of Twitter advertisement is particularly beneficial to a firm because the profile will be posted in the “Who to follow” section once the account is promoted.
The Twitter advertising costs for a promoted account will range as well. You’ll need to contact Twitter directly and fill out an advertising survey before Twitter will consider promoting your account.
Advantages of Using a Twitter Advertisement
There are three main advantages to using an advertisement on Twitter, and the reasons are listed below:
1. You can customize your landing page and in order to target certain keywords and certain followers.
2. Twitter advertising costs are usually cheaper than other Pay per Click options. For example, if you want to advertise the firm through Google, you’ll bid a large amount of money for each pay per click in order to drive your advertisement to more targeted zones. Learning how to advertise on Twitter won’t always be cheaper, but it can offer better options in some cases.
3. You can center your advertising to the prospective clients you choose! Other services don’t offer this option. Once you start recruiting followers, their followers will likely travel to your tweets if they have similar interests.
Disadvantages of Using a Twitter Advertisement
There are three main disadvantages with using a Twitter advertisement as well:
1. The tools used for tracking on Twitter are not that advanced to analytics tools such as AdWords. You can learn how to advertise on Twitter and track your results with outside analytics software, but these services will require monthly fees in most cases.
2. Twitter doesn’t offer services to automatically let firms place a Twitter advertisement during a certain time of the day or during certain days.
3. You’ll have to know how to advertise on Twitter without relying on much technical support. Twitter does offer some technical support, but the efforts may be directed to larger campaigns in some cases.
How to Advertise on Twitter: Conclusion
You need to consider the Twitter advertising costs, as well as the advantages and disadvantages before setting up a Twitter advertisement for your firm. However, with the right techniques, you can form a great advertising campaign on Twitter.